We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
- A competitive pay (together with annual bonus) and an attractive benefits package including medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan.
- Ambitious goal to set up new Global Business Center Complex environment of working with multiple stakeholders.
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment that will inspire you to grow professionally and personally.
- Wide variety of projects and tasks, ambitious goals and independence in achieving them.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Modern office in a convenient location.
- Provide standalone legal advice and support in the capacity of an experienced, independent in-house legal counsel for GBS legal entities in Poland and the Philippines (in cooperation with local law firms), with an oversight of GBS organization is Russia (in cooperation with local Legal Manager).
- Prioritize tasks at own discretion and ensure execution in accordance with set priorities to minimize legal exposure.
- Support stakeholders in determining priorities from the perspective of associated legal risks. Ensure transparency and alignment of current legal priorities, universal support of operations and legal risk management between leadership teams of all GBS legal entities in Poland, Russia and the Philippines.
- Own, manage and support the workflow of standard corporate agreements and other documentation related to GBS entities in accordance with JTI governance standards and respective operating procedures.
- Conduct internal governance, policy and process implementation and compliance audit projects as required by law, internal regulations, or requested by the line manager.
- Create, adapt, own, manage and support internal policies and procedures, execute on corporate governance activities, for all GBS entities in accordance with the applicable law and deadlines.
- Perform regular reviews and provide reports on key legal risks and issues related to the supported legal entities.
- Support People & Culture department with legal advice on daily employment-related activities and operations, creation and maintenance of HR-related general documentation, corporate regulations and policies.
- Provide training, daily guidance and share insights on ethics & compliance at the workplace. Provide relevant training to GBS staff, managers, directors on applicable law, policies, and other regulations.
- Manage the cooperation with external law firms, ensuring timeliness and quality of service, while managing spend and long-term budgets.
- Develop, lead, manage and train a team of legal professionals in support of the above activities. Become a part of the legal community in JTI LRA regions and forums. Participate in tools and systems development activities conducted within the JTI LRA and JTI GBS LRA teams. Provide feedback to other team members on possible improvements to processes and policies, contribute to innovation and automation initiatives.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned to by the line manager, by providing legal advice in a manner allowing JTI GBS to achieve its business objectives with minimum legal exposure, while maintaining highest professional diligence and confidentiality.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as an in-house legal counsel or in a law firm working in an international corporate environment, focused on contracts, corporate governance, labour law, data privacy law, including at least 3 years of experience as a leader of a legal team.
- Very good knowledge of Polish and EU Law, in particular: Civil, Labour, Commercial & Contracts, Data Privacy, Corporate Governance of limited liability companies.
- Excellent contract drafting and review skills, ability to translate needs from the business into contractual wording and to negotiate a contract balancing quality and speed while applying an intelligent risk appetite.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
- Good communication skills.
- Good planning, organizing and prioritization skills.